We’re pleased to announce we have joined the Disability Confident community!
We want to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations here at Opus. Our aim is to recruit and retain people from the widest possible pool of talent and help keep valuable skills and experience in our business.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting our vacancies
- Offering interviews to disabled people if they meet the minimum job criteria
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting existing employees that acquire a disability or long-term health condition to stay in work
- At least once activity that will make a difference for disabled people
To ensure we make the most of the scheme, all of our line managers will have access to the Disability Confident guide to recruiting, managing and developing people with a disability or health condition. We understand our line managers have a vital role in creating an inclusive working environment and expect them to build a culture in which everyone is respected and has the opportunity to reach their potential.
We have updated our job adverts to reflect our commitment; at the bottom of each advert, it will state “As members of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy”.
We are also partnering up with the Job Centre to support their Positive Steps initiative by offering work experience to their customers with a health condition or disability.
To find out more about the scheme click here