We have teamed up with the Suffolk Association of Local Councils (SALC) to develop the Opus Clerking Service, service which enables the smooth and efficient recruiting of parish and town council clerks.
The Opus Clerking Service enables practising clerks looking for new opportunities to register with us and be made aware of any upcoming vacancies within town and parish councils in Suffolk.
Together with SALC, we are able to manage everything from CV submission to interview process and placement all in one smooth process.
How does the process work?
- Candidates looking for clerking positions send in their CV where it is reviewed by the Opus team. Following this, candidates attend a registration appointment and undergo compliance checks before being ready to work.
- A council looking to recruit a locum or permanent clerk can speak directly with SALC who will put them in touch with a consultant at Opus.
- Our consultants then assess our candidate pool and submit CVs of any suitable clerks for consideration to the council.
- The council undertakes their selection process and notifies us of the successful candidate.
- The placement is set up on our online recruitment system and the clerk can start their assignment. They are able to use an online timesheet system to submit working hours and be paid weekly. The hiring council will also be invoiced weekly.
Benefits of becoming a clerk to the council through Opus:
- We work directly with SALC to be notified of upcoming placements.
- Our consultants manage the full recruitment process from CV submission to placement. This means that once you have registered you do not need to worry about searching for future roles, our consultants will simply send you any suitable vacancies which you may wish to be put forward for.
- Our team is able to provide professional and expert advice and support throughout your placements.
- Easy to use online timesheet system and weekly pay.
- We are REC accredited and operate to all of its codes of conducts, relevant government legislation and best industry practice.
We are currently seeking practising clerks looking for interesting, flexible and rewarding roles to register with us and be notified of future opportunities.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please contact a member of our team at [email protected] or call us on 03301 242800.
Alternatively, you can register online here: Apply Now.
Looking to broaden your knowledge and understanding of local council administration? SALC are currently offering the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) course for just £200. Book your place here: CiLCA qualification- find out more.
If you are a council looking to appoint a locum or permanent clerk, please contact SALC for more information.